How To Dehydrate Fruit for Garnish!
Dehydrated fruit is a super nutritious and healthy snack. But thats not why you are here.
The reason you are here is because you want to make your home made cocktails look super sexy! You have 2 options. Buy a dehydrator or take the steps blowy using your oven!
1. Turn on your oven to its lowest setting
2. Slice your fruit thinly (but not paper-thin; you risk crisping the edges!). Try to keep the width as consistent as possible so they all dry at the same rate.
3 Add any extra herbs or spices
4. Place your sliced fruit onto baking parchment and put in the oven.
5. Check on the fruit every half-hour or so - it will take at least a few hours, depending on how hot the oven is and what fruit you’re using. Obviously, leave the dried fruit to cool before using!
6. Store the dried fruit garnishes in a tightly sealed glass jar, biscuit tin or freezer bag - room temperature is ok, a cool and dark cupboard is better - and they will last 3-4 weeks.
Now, the important part! Matching them to Mr. Consistent cocktails
- Bloody Mary - Strawberries, raspberries, plums, tomato, chilli
- Margartia - lemons, limes, grapefruit, chilli, pears
- Sours - Oranges, lemons, limes, grapefruit, mandarins